Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Blood, Sweat and Takeaways....

Year 8 will be familiar with the above slogan.... for the rest of you - blood, sweat and t-shirts may be familiar!

Last term we studied the Geography of my stuff - we looked at both food and clothes.

The 4 programme series of blood, sweat and takeaways was once again held with 6 young British people from across the country with varying opinions on cheap food and the food industry.

We are spoilt for choice, and I wonder how many of you visit the chicken and chip shop on your way home, or how many of you love prawns, or how many times a week we all eat rice that may have come from south-east Asia?

This programme shows the 6 youngsters catch, harvest and process food products we take advantage of every week. Tuna, Prawns, Rice and Chicken industries are highlighted, but we know this is only a small proportion. The 6 yougsters eat, sleep and live with the food workers from Indonesia and Thailand and experience the real life these people live. The average wage is around £3 per day. Could you survive on that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l2gww/Blood_Sweat_and_Takeaways_Chicken/

You can catch them on the BBC iPlayer for another 7 days.... my advice.. go check it out!

Miss Udy


No comments:

Post a Comment