Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Gosh.... hasn't time flown by?

Hi,

My last post was way back in October.... that was quite a while ago huh!

This is going to be a quick re-cap of interesting things I have watched and seen in the news over the last few months.

1. Jimmy's Global Harvest - BBC2 9pm on a Thursday in January (some are still available on BBC Iplayer!)
2. Channel 4's Indian Winter month - Slumdog Millionaire, Development in Dharavi etc.
3. Crop to Shop - Jimmy's Supermarket Secrets - BBC 1 Wednesday 3rd Feb at 8pm.
4. Haiti Earthquake - following its effects at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/americas/2010/haiti_earthquake/default.stm

5. Snowy Weather - we only had 1 Snow day which of course is a good thing for schools, but brilliant for Geography. Especially as year 9 are studying Antarctica and even London was colder than parts of Antarctica!
6. David Attenborough's program on Can the earth cope with it's increasing population?
7. A fantastic resource that explores the Arctic.
8.Google maps is still an endless source of entertainment for me!!!!!
9. Down under in Australia, or Home or Abroad - Oz. This is a great program for the GCSE year 10 students.
10. http://www.geography.learnontheinternet.co.uk a fantastic link for KS4 or KS3 students

So that's my top ten things from over the last 3 months.... please go and check some of these out! If you see anything that may be of interest to me please post a link or comment!!!!!!!

I'll be back soon I promise!


Miss Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment