Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Sunday 28 February 2010

Haiti Earthquake - Imaginative Writing. Deja's post.

I set my year 7's a challenge to write a blog post (diary entry) as if they had been in the Haiti earthquake that happened last month. As I am marking them I am going to put some up here. Here is the first one - Deja in 7L - fab imaginative writing!

"I see lots of buildings, the traffic comes to a stop as they all one by one crash into the cats. Suddenly all the shouting and beeping stops and all is silent. Gradually several cries for help underneath the rubble are to be heard. The lucky people who survived come out running out of their homes, blood running down their faces, or down their nose. No-one knows what to do, everyone is in shock. A few minutes later the rescue aid (firemen) start to listen for cries and shouting. Only a few have survived. The families of the people that didn't make it are mourning bitterly, shaking the dead person to wake up, but they know it's the end. All around people are praying, some praying for the impossible. You can hear nothing but crying but also see smiling faces on the ones who have survived. A little bit later medical help arrives, people gather around for medical attention. With tears and blood running down their faces the youngsters who don't know what's going on, the adults trying to comfort them. While at the same time they are crying, wondering what's next. It has been a truly tragic day, who knows what tomorrow might bring. Suddenly an aftershock occurs, this provokes the whole town as they all run around like they don't know what to do, but it's true they don't know what to do. No one does."

Well done Deja!


Miss Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment