Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Frozen Planet

Dear Year 9, 10 and 11.

The programme that is on BBC 1 tonight at 9pm is an easy to watch programme that will help you with your studies this year. Year 9 you will be studying a unit called Pole to Pole - this will give you some info that may help you! Year 10 and 11 you will be studying a unit called Extreme Climates at somepoint soon, this series will help you understand a little about colder climates and may give you some good basic knowledge following on from the Pole to Pole unit you studied when you were in year 9!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mfl7n/broadcasts/2011/11

For anyone that was really interested, you could go to the open university website and do some learning from there in a free unit they have designed! http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=406544&section=3.3

Also, follow the BBC news, parts of America suffered over Halloween with some unexpected snow fall.... above all, get practicing for your snow dance!!!! I love snow days, I am sure you do to so we need to do the snow dance to get some snow ourselves!!!!!!

Miss Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment