Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Sunday 8 March 2009

Earth Hour - 28th of March!

Calling all Geographers..... make sure you set a reminder on your phones/calenders/diaries. 28th March and 8.30pm is Earth hour where you should be turning off your lights for the whole hour!

Get those candles and torches out, switch out all those lights!
Some of the world’s most famous landmarks, including Nelson’s Column, the Forth Bridge, the Eiffel Tower, Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, Sydney Opera House, and Table Mountain in Cape Town, will unite with icons such as the Merlion in Singapore, Hong Kong’s Symphony of Lights and the Shanghai Hong Kong New World Tower – all going dark for one hour, at 8.30pm on 28 March. The London Eye, too, will be dimmed for the hour. Even Bluewater has signed up!

We will be trying to get Eltham Hill on the list of schoolsto sign up to!






Miss Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment