Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Google Street View

Good afternoon,

Sorry it has been so long since my last post - things seem to all come in one go! I finally found 5 minutes to sit down and write!

Last Thursday Google Street View shot into the news... I have to say I am a fan! I did spend an hour looking at my nans house, my house (where my housemate is in the window when the pic was taken!), my best friends house (her daughter was throwing a trantrum on the street!) and generally looking to see what was on there!

Where's Wally? A favourite childrens book even managed to get a Wally somewhere in London!
As well as a marriage proposal, two kinghts fighting, some breaking into a house and so on!

Google’s camera cars covered more than 22,369 miles of UK roads in their effort to map towns and major cities, including London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester and Oxford. Already, web users have been scouring the maps to find quirky or unusual sights, including a broken-down Google car being photographed by another camera car, and Banksy graffiti.
">


Enjoy!

Miss Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment