Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Friday 24 April 2009

London 2012!

Good afternoon!

Its the end of the first week back after half term and everyone is tired!!!!! I must say thought that all my classes have been fab this week!

Yr 8 and 9 have both been studying the Olympics that are happening in 2012 in Stratford. I will be loading up power points and sheets later on today/over the weekend!

Homework for all year 8's and 9's taught by Miss Udy:
Write a 200 word news report for Newsround. How will the Olympics affect young people in Britain? You can use arguments for and against.

Have a look at:
http://getset.london2012.com
www.london2012.com ..... if you are getting stuck!!!!!!!

Year 9 have also been writing radio broadcasts imagining they are at the Olympic Opening ceremony! Some fantastic work!!!!!

We are using a scheme of work that was written by the Royal Geographical Society and the Geographical Association (http://www.geographyteachingtoday.org.uk/ks3-resources/resource/london-2012/). Awesome schemes of work and interactive resources!!!!!!


Be back soon with more links and powerpoints etc!

Miss Udy

1 comment:

  1. Its the other Miss Udy here - are you going to tell your blog readers about the Prince of Wales and his pledge to help the rainforests??
    http://www.rainforestsos.org/

    Please go and support this cause!!

    ReplyDelete