Welcome!

Ok, this has been running for a little while now. I have added all sorts over the last couple of years. Please feel free to recommend links/information to me that I can add - I'd like to get students involved in the up-keep of it to make it more student focused.

I will keep adding things as I see them!

I hope you enjoy, let's see how this goes!

:)

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Visualising friendships - Social Network Mapping


Good evening!

I am sure you all use social networking (facebook, twitter etc etc!).

Here is a map which shows the locality of friendship - i.e. where people live relative to friends on facebook. Paul Butler was interested in seeing how geography and political borders affected where people lived relative to their friends. The lines you see in the in the map show real human relationships. Each line might represent a friendship made while travelling, a family member abroad, or an old college friend pulled away by the various forces of life.

A very interesting map that shows how Geography links to Social networking.... not just grid references and rivers! ;)

Ref: Visualising Friendships by Paul Butler. Seen originally from the BBC News website: Fa


FYI - you can follow me on twitter at Miss Udy! Keep an eye on it... I will post questions, links, important information as well as other bits and pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment